BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »
Practicing skills to achieve recovery from an eating disorder and related issues.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Big Picture: 9/11

I am struggling so much with myself right now; my weight is going up and yet  I keep binging.  I know I cannot start restricting to lose weight because that will not end up good either.  I am feeling hopeless and doomed to fatness right now.

But you now what?
Today is September 11, 2011.  Ten years ago today was horrific.  Today I can focus on the big picture.  Today my weight and BMI seem so trivial compared to what today signifies.  My thoughts are with those who lost loved ones, with those still suffering emotionally or physically, and my support goes out to our military, police, and firefighters.  My heart breaks when I imagine getting a call from my sister or husband with one of them telling me, "It is okay, I will die quickly," as many did 10 years ago. 

0 comments: