BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »
Practicing skills to achieve recovery from an eating disorder and related issues.

Friday, September 9, 2011

Coping with Tonight

Today I am negative.  I feel hopeless and angry.  Binging and drinking sound wonderful right now.  I have all these plans to implement steps for recovery... tomorrow.  Starting now would be ideal, but I am exhausted.  It is not going to happen tonight.  What can I do tonight?

I feel like this quote has gained such popularity it is cliche is the recovery world.  One of those, easier-said-the-done-bullshit things.  Tonight I will try to utilize this quote.  I cannot just wait for all these scary, painful moments to pass.  I need to deal with them, to dive into them, and to make the best of them.  Tonight I am overwhelmed with things tasks.  The tasks are not too plentiful, but the nature of the tasks scare me and leaving my feeling like a piece of worthless shit.  This is what I shall do:
Tonight my motto is to just cope with this moment.  This one right here.

0 comments: