BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »
Practicing skills to achieve recovery from an eating disorder and related issues.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

CBT Practice

Distressing event: overeating yesterday
Emotions: anxiety (high), fear (high), and anger (medium)
Automatic thoughts:

  1. I will always be fat.
  2. I am just going to gain more weight.
  3. I will never recover.
  4. I am stupid, ugly, disgusting, and worthless.
Disputation:
  1. Future telling: I have no clue what the future will hold.  So many things can happen.
  2. I do not believe this is a distortion; however, I know that the more self-destructive things I say to myself the more I use eating disorder behaviors, and then the more out of control my weight is.
  3. Future telling: I have made progress already.
  4. Labeling. I am not sure how to dispute this one though.
Rerate emotions:  anxiety (high), fear (high), and anger (medium).  They are the same, but I do believe I can intellectually think about this in a calmer way.

Today I will be patient.  I will recognize that recovery takes time and errors.  I will continue believing in my dream of recovery.

0 comments: