BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »
Practicing skills to achieve recovery from an eating disorder and related issues.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Daily Tasks are Overwhelming!!!

 Motivation is something I struggle with.  Motivation to fight the negative thoughts in my head, motivation to go vacuum, or really anything that has a hint of being overwhelming in the moment.  Being able to do daily tasks is important in recovery.

Challenging Negative Thoughts CBT Style 
Activating event: need to do daily tasks
Emotions: overwhelmed (high), worthless/burden (high), failure (medium), and anger (low).
Automatic Thoughts:
  1. I am worthless.
  2. I am of no use and place too much burden on my husband.
  3. I cannot get it all done.
  4. I am afraid of being around people.
Disputations (correlating with numbers):
  1. Disqualifying the positive: I have things about me that are worthy.  I help people at work.  ...this is all I can come up with. :(  I am feeling really shitty today.
  2. I am not sure what the cognitive distortion would be here: I do add stress to my husband.  He was aware of my issues when he married me.  The best thing I can do now is try to get better.
  3. Jumping to conclusions: I know I can take it step by step.  Staying in the moment will really help.
  4. Ehh... I think this is just a thought/feeling, not a distortion.  
Rerating emotions: Overwhelmed (medium high), worthless/burden (high),  failure (medium), and anger (minimal).


0 comments: